The Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine is a great option for anyone looking for a versatile and reliable machine.
As someone who has been using it for several months, I can confidently say that it’s up there with one of the best sewing machines I have ever used. (I sold my brother Innovis 600 to buy this)
This computerized machine has 120 built-in stitches, including 7 buttonholes and a stitch chart conveniently located on the front of the machine. With a maximum speed of 820 stitches per minute, this machine can handle a wide range of sewing projects, from quilting to garment making.
It’s automatic thread cutter and easy-to-use bobbin system make sewing a breeze. Additionally, the machine has a bright LED screen and easy-to-navigate controls that allow for easy stitch selection and customization.
Overview of Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine
The Janome 4120QDC is like the Swiss Army knife of sewing machines, all fancy-schmancy and computerized. It’s got all the bells and whistles, so whether you’re a total newbie or a pro at sewing, this bad boy’s got you covered. So, strap in, and let’s take a ride with the 4120QDC!
Design and Features
The Janome 4120QDC is a compact and lightweight machine, weighing just over 20 pounds. Great for weaklings like me! It boasts an easy-to-use LCD screen and intuitive navigation buttons for seamless operation. I love the 2 way speed control also.
It has 120 built-in stitches, including 7 buttonholes, and you can even write letters for your embroidery projects in Gothic style. Who knew!!
With a powerful motor, the Janome 4120QDC can handle heavy-duty projects with ease. The machine comes equipped with a range of accessories, including a hardcover, a quilting bar, and several feet, making it ideal for various sewing applications.
Ease of Use
One of the standout features of the Janome 4120QDC is its user-friendly design. The machine comes with an instructional DVD and user manual, making it simple for beginners to understand its features and how to use them. The large LCD screen and easy-to-navigate buttons make selecting stitches and adjusting settings quick and effortless.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the Janome 4120QDC:
- User-friendly design
- Lightweight and portable
- Wide range of features
- The price may be a bit steep for some beginners. I had to sell my other machine to buy it
- It’s loud, compared to my Bernina 570 which can get a bit annoying but not a deal breaker. I would still buy it.
Overall, I do like it. The Janome 4120QDC is an excellent sewing machine that offers a great balance of features, performance, and ease of use.
Its compact size and user-friendly design make it ideal for piecing and doing smaller projects. I have two machines as I do a lot of piecing and I hate having to change the settings on my main quilting machine. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced maker, the Janome 4120QDC is definitely worth considering if you’re in the market for a new sewing machine. By the way I gave this machine to Sally (my daughter)
Features and Benefits
The Janome 4120QDC is a reliable and versatile sewing machine that is perfect for all levels of sewing. In this section, we’ll go over some of the key features and benefits of this machine.
1. 120 Built-In Stitches
With 120 built-in stitches, including 7 buttonholes, the Janome 4120QDC gives you endless possibilities for your sewing projects. From basic stitches to decorative stitches, you’ll have everything you need to make your sewing ideas a reality.
2. Superior Feed System
The superior feed system of the Janome 4120QDC ensures consistent and precise feeding of all types of fabric. Whether you’re working with heavy or light fabrics, the seven-piece feed dog system ensures a smooth and even feed.
3. Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
The Janome 4120QDC allows you to adjust the stitch length and width for various sewing techniques. This feature gives you more control over your sewing projects and allows you to customize your stitch patterns to suit your needs.
4. Convenient LCD Screen
The LCD screen on the Janome 4120QDC displays all the important information you need, including stitch selection, stitch length and width, and tension settings. This feature makes it easy to monitor your sewing progress and adjust your settings as necessary.
5. One-Step Buttonhole
The one-step buttonhole feature on the Janome 4120QDC is perfect for creating professional-looking buttonholes quickly and easily. This feature takes the guesswork out of buttonhole construction and ensures that each buttonhole is the same size.
In summary, the Janome 4120QDC is a versatile and easy-to-use sewing machine that offers a range of features and benefits to suit all types of sewing projects. With its superior feed system, adjustable stitch length and width, and convenient LCD screen, you’ll have everything you need to create beautiful and professional-quality sewing projects.
Sewing Performance and Stitch Quality
When it comes to sewing performance, the Janome 4120QDC sewing machine delivers exceptional results. With its impressive range of stitch options and the ability to sew at a high speed of up to 820 stitches per minute, creating professional-grade garments and home decor items has never been easier.
Whether you’re working with lightweight or heavyweight fabrics, the Janome 4120QDC is versatile enough to sew through a variety of materials with ease. The machine also comes equipped with a powerful motor that provides consistent stitching and smooth, even seams.
In terms of stitch quality, the Janome 4120QDC produces excellent results. The machine is capable of sewing straight stitches, zigzag stitches, and decorative stitches flawlessly, with no puckering, skipped stitches, or thread breakage.
The Janome 4120QDC also features an automatic thread cutter and a drop-in bobbin system, which ensures that your projects will always have a clean and professional finish. The machine also comes with a range of presser feet, including a 1/4″ seam foot, a buttonhole foot, a zipper foot, and a walking foot, providing you with all the necessary tools to complete any sewing project.
Overall, the Janome 4120QDC is a fantastic sewing machine that delivers exceptional stitching performance and stitch quality. With its feature-rich design, high-speed operation, and intuitive controls, the machine is perfect for both beginners and advanced sewists who demand quality and versatility in their sewing machines.
Ease of Use and User Experience
The Janome 4120QDC sewing machine is designed with the user in mind. Its intuitive interface, user-friendly features, and compact size make it an ideal choice for beginners, hobbyists, and professionals alike.
Here are some key features that make the Janome 4120QDC so user-friendly:
- LCD Screen: The machine comes with an easy-to-read LCD screen that displays stitch information, settings, and more.
- Built-In Needle Threader: The built-in needle threader eliminates the need to thread the needle manually, which saves time and reduces eye strain.
- Speed Control: The machine allows you to adjust the sewing speed, which is helpful when dealing with different types of fabrics or intricate designs.
- Drop-In Bobbin System: The drop-in bobbin system is simple to use and helps ensure consistent stitches.
- LED Lighting: The machine features bright LED lights that illuminate your workspace, allowing you to see your stitches clearly.
- Versatile Stitch Selection: With over 120 built-in stitch options, including utility, decorative, and quilting stitches, you’ll have plenty of choices to explore and experiment with.
In addition to these features, the Janome 4120QDC is lightweight and portable, which makes it easy to move around and store when not in use. The machine also has a quick reference guide that helps you choose the appropriate stitch and setting for your project.
Overall, the Janome 4120QDC sewing machine prioritizes ease of use and user experience, making it a top choice for those who want a reliable and intuitive machine that produces high-quality results.
Accessories and Additional Features
The Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine comes with a variety of accessories that make it a versatile tool for any sewing project.
Included with the machine is a hard cover to protect it when not in use, as well as an automatic thread cutter, needle threader, and a drop-in bobbin system. Additionally, it comes with 120 built-in stitches, including 7 buttonhole stitches, which ensures there’s a pattern for every project.
A standout feature of the Janome 4120QDC is its LCD screen, which provides an easy-to-use interface for selecting stitches and adjusting settings. This feature is also incredibly helpful for ensuring precise stitch length and width settings.
For those who enjoy quilting, the Janome 4120QDC has a few special features that make it a great choice. It has a stitch locking function that ensures stitches won’t unravel, even in high-stress areas of the quilt. The machine also comes with an optional extension table, providing a larger surface area for quilting larger projects.
Another great feature is the start/stop button, which allows you to sew without using the foot pedal. This is especially useful for those who have difficulty getting the right tension on their stitching with a foot pedal.
Finally, the Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine has a variety of other impressive features, including the ability to sew at up to 820 stitches per minute, a one-hand needle threader, and adjustable presser foot pressure.
Overall, with its many accessories and additional features, the Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine is a solid option for anyone looking for a reliable and high-performing machine.
Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine is a reliable and feature-rich machine that has gained a lot of popularity among sewing enthusiasts. In this section, we’ll go over the pros and cons of the Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine.
Pros and Cons of Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine
- The Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine has a user-friendly interface, making it easy to use even for beginners.
- It is packed with features like an automatic needle threader, a speed control slider, and a start/stop button that make sewing more efficient and comfortable.
- The machine has a built-in thread cutter, eliminating the need for scissors during sewing.
- The Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine has 120 built-in stitches, including 7 buttonholes, allowing for many design options.
- It has a large LCD screen that displays essential information like stitch length and width, tension settings, and recommended presser feet.
- The machine has a sturdy build that ensures longevity and stability.
- The Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine might be expensive compared to other models on the market.
- While the machine has a lot of features, it might be overwhelming for beginners who are still learning the basics of sewing.
- The machine does not have a knee lift, which could be a dealbreaker for some users who prefer this feature.
In summary, the Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine is a well-designed, user-friendly machine that comes with many advanced features. However, it might not be suitable for beginners, and it comes with a higher price tag compared to other models on the market. Overall, it is an excellent investment for anyone looking for a reliable and feature-rich sewing machine.
To wrap up this Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine review, I must say that it is an excellent machine for both beginners and intermediate sewists. It is packed with features that are easy to use, and it produces high-quality stitches on different fabrics. Here are a few key takeaways from my usage of the machine:
You may be able to get a second hand one as they have been around for a while
- The machine is lightweight and portable, making it easy to move around and store.
- The LCD touchscreen display is user-friendly and provides easy access to essential features like stitch selection, speed control, and more.
- The machine sews smoothly and quietly, providing an enjoyable sewing experience.
- The automatic needle threader and thread cutter saves time and effort during the sewing process.
- The 7-piece feed dog system provides strong, even fabric feeding, giving you perfect stitch quality.
However, the Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine is not without its flaws. For instance, it has a relatively small throat space, which may pose a challenge when working on larger projects. Also, the machine’s price point may be a bit steep for some beginners, although it is worth the investment in the long run.
I highly recommend the Janome 4120QDC Sewing Machine to anyone looking for a high-performance, user-friendly sewing machine that offers great value for their money.
With its impressive features and excellent quality output, this machine is an excellent choice for sewists of all levels.