I have owned the Bernina 570 Quilters Edition for 3 years now and couldn’t imagine life without it, however, I do have one bug bear that drives me crazy
- 0 mill plate beneficial when piecing with 1/4 inch foot as the start of fabric does not get chewed
- Automatic buttonholer and button applier
- Built-in stitch regulator. You get beautiful stitching without tension problems.
- Dual Feed: Feeds the layers evenly. makes it easier to feed through the thick fabric for quilting
- BSR Foot means no issues with tensions when quilting. Even stitches and even tension
- Embroidery module (optional)
- The function/Utility buttons are too far under the machine. These buttons consist of the cutter, the foot up, and the reverse button. The buttons need to be higher up as when you are sitting and sewing it’s challenging to see them and when trying to press the reverse stitch button I can inadvertently end up clicking the cutter button which is very annoying.
What are the key benefits of the Bernina 570 Quilters Edition?
I would say as a home quilter the Bernina 570 QE Sewing Machine’s key features have to be related to the ease of use compared with other machines I have used.
It is a quilters edition so it does things very well for quilting. I particularly appreciate the presser foot for piecing, quilting, and applique, and the stitch regulator for free motion quilting.
Bernina have what’s called BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator)
The sewing machine has a 9 mm plate, which means your decorative stitches all go up to between 6-9 mm, giving you a wide variety of choices.
This sewing machine has a multitude of stitches to choose from, with 1450 stitches already programmed in, including 16 automatic 1-step buttonholes and eight different alphabets.
You can customize any stitch by length and width, with a maximum length of 6mm and a maximum width of 9mm. The machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1,000 stitches per minute, but you can adjust the speed with the slider on the front of the machine.
The Bernina 570 QE is well-lit with 12 LED lights by the needle and in the throat area, making it easier to see your work. The hover function and knee lift allow you to keep both hands on your work while automatically lifting the presser foot when needed.
Large throat with plenty of room to work
This machine has a good amount of space to work with, measuring 8.5 inches to the right of the needle. It also includes a Bernina stitch regulator, a reverse-pattern foot, an overlock foot, a buttonhole foot, a zipper foot, an open embroidery foot, a patchwork foot, and a reverse pattern foot.
In addition to these features, the Bernina 570 QE Sewing Machine can also double as an embroidery machine with an additional embroidery unit that is purchased separately. Once the unit is obtained, you’ll have access to 250 embroidery designs already programmed into the machine and a maximum embroidery space of 15.7 inches by 5.9 inches or 400mm by 150mm.
Built in walking foot
The built in walking foot was a huge attraction for me. It is connected to the D drive and when using multiple feet in quilting due to fabric thicknesses etc it gives the sewing machine a lot of versatility.
If you’re interested in the Bernina 570 QE Sewing Machine, contact your local Bernina agent for a demonstration and to answer any inquiries you may have. They can also show you similar machines to consider.
Which accessories and presser feet are compatible with the Bernina 570 Quilters Edition sewing machine, and where can I purchase them
The Bernina 570 Quilters Edition sewing machine is designed to be compatible with a wide range of accessories and presser feet, making it a versatile choice for quilters and sewists alike. While I can’t provide an exhaustive list of all compatible accessories and presser feet, here are some popular options:
- Patchwork Foot #37/37D: Ideal for precise straight stitching and patchwork.
- Walking Foot #50: Ensures even fabric feeding, perfect for quilting and sewing multiple layers.
- Freehand Quilting Foot #29/29C: For free-motion quilting and embroidery.
- BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR): Helps maintain consistent stitch length during free-motion quilting.
- Open Embroidery Foot #20/20C/20D: Useful for appliqué, embroidery, and other decorative stitching.
- Quarter Inch Foot #97/97D: Accurate quarter-inch seams for piecing quilts.
- Echo Quilting and CutWork Foot #44C: For echo and shadow quilting and CutWork projects.
- Invisible Zipper Foot #35: Ideal for inserting invisible zippers.
- Buttonhole Foot with Slide #3A: This makes it easy to sew buttonholes of varying lengths.
You can purchase these accessories and presser feet from a variety of sources:
- Local Bernina dealers: Find an authorized Bernina dealer near you by visiting the Bernina website (https://www.bernina.com) and using their store locator feature. Local dealers often offer in-person assistance and guidance on how to use the accessories.
- Online retailers: Websites like Amazon, eBay, or sewing specialty stores often carry Bernina accessories and presser feet. Be sure to check the compatibility with your specific machine model before purchasing.
- Bernina’s official online store: Visit the Bernina website (https://www.bernina.com) and browse their online shop for accessories and presser feet designed specifically for your Bernina 570 Quilters Edition sewing machine.
Always ensure that you are purchasing genuine Bernina accessories and presser feet for the best performance and compatibility with your machine.